RunAsDate is a small utility that lets you run a program at a specified date and time. This utility will not change your computer’s current system date and time, but it will only inject the date/time you specify into the desired application.
You can run multiple applications at the same time, each using a different date and time, while the actual date/time of the system continues to function normally.
How does it work ?
RunAsDate intercepts the kernel API calls that returns the current date and time (GetSystemTime, GetLocalTime, GetSystemTimeAsFileTime, NtQuerySystemTime, GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime), and replaces the current date/time with the date/time that you specify.
RunAsDate works under Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Older versions of Windows are not supported. There is also x64 version available in a separated download, for using with x64 applications.
1) Officially provide two versions of X32 and X64, you need to choose according to your software situation! Don’t know what to choose? Try them one by one!
2) Software screenshot, here is XShell 5 as an example!
Select the executable of the software directly into the application box
Set the time to which the software to be modified will be traversed
Just click to run!
3) The software is successfully started! Because XShell5 was officially forcibly withdrawn on December 25, 2018.
4) Of course, the software supports creating shortcuts directly on the desktop, download and double-click the shortcut to run it!
What is the principle? Right-click the shortcut to view the contents of the target box to understand!
5) Another example is the soft crack Navicat Premium 16 you know!
6) The software also supports running in administrator mode and supports attaching to the process!
RunAsDate intercepts kernel API calls that return the current date and time (GetSystemTime, GetLocalTime, GetSystemTimeAsFileTime, NtQuerySystemTime, GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime) and replaces the current date/time with the date/time you specify.
open source code
Currently there is no official open source code! Unfortunately, a code was collected on the E-disk of the vest N years ago! The principle is just like the function of the software introduced in this article! But only the time of intercepting part of the dll!
Open source repository: https://github.com/malaohu/RunAsDate
- AdvancedRun – Run application as system user or without elevation or as user of another process or with specific environment variables.
- NirCmd – Do many useful tasks from command-line, without displaying any user interface.