First of all, this is the method I found by myself. I have used it for many years. During this period, I have collected all kinds of private files. A lot of information! Through online search, I found that there are actually related tutorials on the Internet, but relatively few people know about this method, so I decided to show this easy method to everyone!
1. Check The Results After Hided Your Specific Folders
First of all, check if there is a folder called “Wangcheng” in the E disk of my computer?
However, the E disk in the above figure does not display the folder “Wangcheng”, and it is not displayed after the “Show hidden folder” option is turned on.So how is this done?
Step By Step
1. Create a folder on the disk you want, and put the data you want to put in it.
2. First, as shown in the figure below, the shortcut key win+R opens the running program that comes with the computer. If you don’t know which key win is, you can search it on Baidu. Enter “cmd” and press Enter to open it.
3. In the opened dialog box, enter the disk and colon where the folder you just created is located in capital letters, and press Enter to switch to the disk where the file to be modified is located. I am E disk here, so I entered E:
4. Because my folder is originally hidden, the attrib command I entered is as follows.In first figure, attrib is the command type, add a space in the middle, -s means to cancel the “system attribute” of a folder, -h means to cancel the “hidden attribute” of a folder, and then add a space , and finally enter the name of the folder to be hidden.
attrib -s -h Wangchen
The + in second figure, corresponds to adding “system and hidden attributes”.
attrib +s +h Wangchen
Actiosn After Hide Your Folders
After the files are hidden, you can record the hidden system folder names in each partition (disk) like me, even if others see it, no one will know what you mean.
Then if you want to find or open the folder, you can only enter the specific folder name in the navigation bar and press Enter as shown below to jump. So far, I don’t know any other way to find this folder. Maybe there is, but I don’t Know, friends who want to know write a cracking method in the comment area.
Search Hided Files Using Everthing
What is “Everything”?
“Everything” is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search “Everything” initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name “Everything”). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
No matter how you hide your files using hidden or system attributes, you will still be able to use Everything to find them out.
Here is a test scenario. Lets add hidden and system attributes to the folder hide.
In fact, The hidden files cannot be displayed even if he checked the show hidden file. That’s because the system attribute has been added to the file. You will need to uncheck the hidden protected operating system file to show the files.
Let’s continue to dig into everything, right-click the disk you want to search and select “Search everything”, and you will get the following interface:
As you can see, all files are listed, no matter what attributes you add. By default it is sorted by filename.
We can click on that file size arrow to have it sorted by file size.